FORUMS: list search recent posts

Old question revisited PD150 audio

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Murphy
Old question revisited PD150 audio
on Jun 20, 2008 at 2:16:52 am

Hello, after doing some searching on this I am even more confused that before I started. OK, I am new to videography and bought a PD150 and an Azden 200 wireless system. The REC CH select is set on CH1, all inputs are on MIC and I have phantom on for the on board sony mic. The onboard mic is in Input 1 and my Azden receiver in CH2. I am getting the audio from wireless lav in one ear and the onboard in the other. Now the question...(whew!) Will I be recording both channels and then will I be able to split them in post? Thanks a bunch!!

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Old question revisited PD150 audio
on Jun 20, 2008 at 11:44:43 am

Hello Steven and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum,

Sounds like you're ready to go. I'm not sure you need the phantom power on for the onboard mic. That feature may be for other mics that require Phantom Power that you plug in. Try turing it off to see if the PD150 mic goes away.

As for separating, that depends on your editing software.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Matte Blume
Re: Old question revisited PD150 audio
on Jun 23, 2008 at 10:31:27 pm

[Ty Ford] " I'm not sure you need the phantom power on for the onboard mic. That feature may be for other mics that require Phantom Power that you plug in. "

The Sony mic supplied with PD 150 and PD170 does require phantom power.

Yes.
Virtually all edit software will allow you to capture, split, or combine the two channels in the edit, with independent control over each channel.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]