FORUMS: list search recent posts

Combining Dual and Single Channel Audio in Short Film

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raymond Tarry
Combining Dual and Single Channel Audio in Short Film
on Jun 17, 2008 at 2:53:40 am

Hello, I'm editing a short film shot on the DVX100A with Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5. Part of the audio was recorded on two channels with a mixer and part on one channel with no mixer.
Is there a way I can blend the two so the difference between cuts isn't obvious?
Thanks - Raymond

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Combining Dual and Single Channel Audio in Short Film
on Jun 17, 2008 at 11:31:23 am

Hello Raymond and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Provided the two track audio isn't stereo or split track, you can ignore or turn down one channel of it.

If Premiere allows it, you can also just delete the second track.

That won't necessarily improve your chances of "blending" the audio, but it'll make the tracks easier to deal with.

There's an art and craft to movie sound that doesn't have anything to do with track count. Crossfades are your friends. In addition, you may (or may not) want the audio from the next scene to start early to pull you into the scene change.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Raymond Tarry
Re: Combining Dual and Single Channel Audio in Short Film
on Jun 24, 2008 at 2:34:35 pm

Thanks Ty, I think I'm in stereo. When I play a DVD of a scne on my stereo TV, I hear the actors through both right and left speakers, but when there's a cut to a clip that was shot using only one channel (direct into the camera with no mixer) it will only come out of one speaker.
Is it possible to just added a copy of a single channel track below the original on the time line and make it either left or right?
Thanks Raymond

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]