FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question on what Microphone to use for class?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ralph Hajik
Question on what Microphone to use for class?
on Jun 16, 2008 at 3:36:01 pm

Hello Audio Professionals,

I'll be teaching a class of 25 students. I'll be working off of a slide presentation using a PC and the room has its own speaker hook up. I presently have a Sennheiser ew 100 G2 wireless mic. So, can I plug the transmitter directly into the mic input of the PC and get good results?
If the Sennheiser ew 100 G2 wireless mic isn't what you recommend, then what would you use?
Would I need a inexpensive mixer and which one?
Anymore info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Ralph Hajik

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Question on what Microphone to use for class?
on Jun 16, 2008 at 5:59:52 pm

[Ralph Hajik] "I'll be teaching a class of 25 students. I'll be working off of a slide presentation using a PC and the room has its own speaker hook up. I presently have a Sennheiser ew 100 G2 wireless mic. So, can I plug the transmitter directly into the mic input of the PC and get good results?
If the Sennheiser ew 100 G2 wireless mic isn't what you recommend, then what would you use?
Would I need a inexpensive mixer and which one?"

Hello Ralph and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

I'm not sure what you intend to do. If you could (physical connections allowing) plug your transmitter into the mic input of the, that really wouldn't work because both are inputs.

Perhaps you could clarify what you want to have happen.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Ralph Hajik
on Jun 16, 2008 at 6:16:27 pm

Hello Ty,

The Classroom already has a speaker hook up. I'll be showing a training slide presentation in powerpoint and I want my voice to be heard over the speaker system while I'm showing the slide presentation. By connecting the projector to the VGA of the computer, I have my slide show with sound. If I connect a mic to the mic input of the computer, I'll get my voice over the speaker system. Right or wrong?
When I go to work I'll experiment and see what I have.
I hope I summed it up a little better for you.

Ralph

Return to posts index

Matte Blume
on Jun 17, 2008 at 2:23:35 pm

[Ralph Hajik] " By connecting the projector to the VGA of the computer, I have my slide show with sound. If I connect a mic to the mic input of the computer, I'll get my voice over the speaker system. Right or wrong? "

I doubt it.

While playing the PPt, the computer will likely not connect with its audio input.

Does the "speaker" (I assume it's a POWERED speaker) have more than one input?
And how would you adjust the relative levels of each source?

A small audio mixer will likely be your best option, but there are just too many unknowns at this point (balanced, unbalanced, mic-level, line-level) to give you the best answer.

Still need more info.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]