FORUMS: list search recent posts

wireless mic recommendations?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Servatius
wireless mic recommendations?
on Jun 2, 2008 at 11:46:47 pm

Hi all,

Looking at upgrading our wireless mic solution for our studio. We're tired of having audio fade in/out and want something real solid.

We'd need a battery-powered receiver/transmitter (if the receiver could plug into a wall socket for our studio shoots that would be great), dual-channel/Double-Diversity, XLR etc.

I've been looking at some Sennheiser and Lectrosonics options, but again, curious to see what people recommend! So, if money were no problem, what would you do?

Thanks,
Rick Servatius
Bay6 Productions

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: wireless mic recommendations?
on Jun 3, 2008 at 12:24:27 pm

Hello Rick and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Here's some general information that'll help you start your journey.

IMWNP: Audio Ltd. 2040 at about $5K per set. Best distance I've measured. The best sound I've heard.

Industry Standards:
Lectrosonics: about $2500 to $3k per set.
Zaxcom: about $2500 to $3k per set.
Sennheiser makes a line of wireless from $500 to about $3K.
Sony makes analog wireless but has a digital wireless system due out this year. I forget the projected price, but over $3K. Jury still out.

Audio-Technica makes a line from $500 to about $3k.
MIcron: I don't have a lot of info on Micron.

Depending on your setup, you may benefit from antenna distribution systems and directional antennae.

Anything below $500, you don't want to look at.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: wireless mic recommendations?
on Jun 3, 2008 at 9:58:14 pm

My two cents:

I use Lectrosonics 411A's w/400 transmitters and love 'em! They sound hard-wired! I like the fact that they are a digital-hybrid (meaning they use an analog carrier to transmit the signal) instead of being all digital. The reason is that with digital, the signal is ether there or it isn't; with analog at least you'll have some kind of siginal. Of course, in a studio, this might not be as much of a problem as in the field :o)

In any case, never cut corners on wireless; remember, your system is only as good as your weakest link.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]