FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio editing on a macbook pro

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Davis
Audio editing on a macbook pro
on May 14, 2008 at 4:21:05 am

Hi, I'm new to the mac world and am an experienced Adobe Audition editor. Now in a mostly mac office I find my primary machine is a macbook pro (AND I LOVE IT). Unfortunately Adobe doesn't make Audition for Mac (yet) so I am looking for input regarding a multitrack editing solution.

Ideas?

Jonathan

Return to posts index

Matte Blume
Re: Audio editing on a macbook pro
on May 14, 2008 at 2:06:55 pm

Pro Tools-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Tools

Return to posts index

Anthony Marzilli
on May 14, 2008 at 4:44:44 pm

I do enjoy pro tools but will say that if your willing to take a little bit of time Apple Logic isnt too bad for a fraction of the price. Its great just to have the ability to create music as well. I will also say that when you get pro tools you have to buy digidesign stuff only.... with logic you can use any hardware. Just my opinion.... do miss pro tools sometimes though... i am on Logic now.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on May 14, 2008 at 10:08:34 pm

Anthony,

A very balanced response. :)

I'm a protools LE user. Started with an 001, then 002, now 003.

Considering what I paid for my first DAW in 1990, a DIGI 003R is a super bargain. Weaknesses; as with most gear in this price range, the preamps and A/D converters are not as good as the top shelf stuff and that does take away from the sound a bit.

My preamps cost as much per channel as the DIGI003R itself.

Still the DIGI oo3 is a very good place to start. If you plan on doing audio for video, the DIGI Video Tool kit costs more, but is worth it.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jonathan Davis
on May 16, 2008 at 4:23:29 pm

Thanks everyone for your assistance. I asked around here and they already had an MBOX2 so protools I go.

I appreciate the insight all!

Jonathan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]