FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio amp setup for FCP editing

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Taylor
Audio amp setup for FCP editing
on Apr 28, 2008 at 12:56:42 pm

I have a DV based editing studio set up with FCP and a JVC minDV deck. I have a set of Bose Acoustimass speakers running out of an old Pioneer receiver. When I'm working in FCP and monitoring video through my DV deck I switch the receiver to VCR. When I go back to other programs, such as AE or iTunes I switch it back to CD for playback of the Mac system sound out. This works okay except it's annoying to have to lean over to my rack to switch the selector every time I want to change programs. Now (or I should say 'for a while') my old Pioneer receiver has some dirty contacts that's causing the audio in the right channel to be intermittent. (If I monkey with the volume knob I can get it to pop on) So I've been thinking about replacing it. My question is, given my setup and use, I'd like to have something to drive my Bose speakers that I can easily switch via a button next to my keyboard. Any ideas. Oh yeah, and I don't want to spend a whole lot. I can probably just get another receiver/amp for under $70.

DT Motion Pictures
http://www.davetaylormp.com

Return to posts index

Peter Perry
Re: Audio amp setup for FCP editing
on Apr 28, 2008 at 11:35:24 pm

Hi David,
You could get a small mixer like a Samson Mixpad 4 or 9 to use as a source switcher.
Peter

Return to posts index

Peter Perry
on Apr 29, 2008 at 12:09:15 am

OK, so they don't make the mixpad anymore...lol...take a look at the Peavey pv8.
Peter

Return to posts index

David Taylor
on Apr 29, 2008 at 1:18:28 am

Hmmm, a mixer seems like a bit of overkill for just two simple inputs. I had a 24 channel sound board in my edit suite when I worked for a production house, that was overkill too, hardly ever used most of the inputs. I've thought maybe a receiver with a RF remote might work.

DT Motion Pictures
http://www.davetaylormp.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]