FORUMS: list search recent posts

Incorporating Audio into a AE Project

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robyn Rhodes
Incorporating Audio into a AE Project
on Jan 30, 2008 at 10:22:36 pm

This is kind of a "what comes first" question.

I have been animating in AE for a while and have never quite gotten a process down for when/how exactly to incorporate audio into a project. At times I have animated to audio and also animated to nothing and applied audio later. Seems like there must be some kind of procedure that some of you use. I find having audio first drives the animation favorably, but then you are limited to the track if you want to change it. Animating without audio I find is worse because applying audio to an existing piece can result in lot's of work trying to adjust you animation to audio.
I am not very familiar with audio apps, but need to become more so. So I figured I would post it here to see if anyone can offer some advice as to how to work with audio and After Effects in a more simulatneous fashion.

Here's my take on how it would go.

After you have storyboards and script, pick some music which you can then create an animatic to. Once the client signs of on music and animatic then you are on your way. What seems ideal would be to have music of a specific BPM that could be replaced at a later date with a similar version from a bank of soundtracks, or even better to have a sound designer who could use the "scratch track" as a template to create customized audio to.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading. I would love to see an article on "Audio in Production" in Creative Cow mag.

Thx,

r

I'm only half the thing I say I am, the other half are me.

Return to posts index

Robyn Rhodes
Re: Incorporating Audio into a AE Project
on Feb 5, 2008 at 5:43:36 pm

Guess this was the wrong forum.

I'm only half the thing I say I am, the other half are me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]