FORUMS: list search recent posts

Headphones

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mentalese
Headphones
on Jan 28, 2008 at 7:20:39 pm

Would anyone here recommend noise canceling headphones when recording audio on location? My thought on this is that you would only hear what you were recording from your mics. I know it only cancels the lower frequency noises so Its not perfect. But it would make a huge difference. Wanting to buy the best thing. What do you use?
Thanks in advanced.
Jarib

Return to posts index

Thax Clave
Re: Headphones
on Jan 28, 2008 at 7:26:29 pm

Check here-

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/30/857770

Interesting concept.

Return to posts index

Jarib Walden
on Jan 28, 2008 at 9:52:42 pm

Thanks. These headphones look like the ticket. but still has anyone else out there used cancelation headphones on a project?
Jarib

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jan 29, 2008 at 3:29:56 am

Hello Mentalese and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

The cancellation phones I have used do some weird things to the audio.

Why are you considering using them?

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jarib Walden
on Jan 29, 2008 at 2:51:05 pm

What kind of weird things does it do?

All I need is a good pair of headphones really. I just thought noise cancellation ones would be good out in the field. You can run into all sorts of unwanted sounds out there and I figured the noise cancel headphones would help you tell what your really getting.
The Remote Audio HN7506 seems like a good pair. Its what Thax directed me to in the other post.
Thanks
Jarib

Return to posts index

Will Salley
on Jan 29, 2008 at 5:26:08 am

I sometimes use the Bose QC-2's for certain location situations. The most obvious use is when shooting process truck dialog where the mixer is in the truck and the actors are in the tow car. The headphones help reduce the drone of the truck cab while doing nothing to the signals from the talent mics. Other situations would be in, say, a hospital where noise control is impossible and the sound mixer can't be in the same room with talent.

Be careful however; when using these headphones, make sure you are separated from the talent so their dialog will not be affected.

They also make good client/director cans.

Return to posts index

Jarib Walden
on Jan 29, 2008 at 2:59:27 pm

hmm... I'll have to look into those Bose.
Also, thanks for all the advice. I will definitely have to take that in consideration. Much appreciation.
Jarib

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]