FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gibson/TC Electronic Merger (Opcode Vision)

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Grizzle
Gibson/TC Electronic Merger (Opcode Vision)
on Jan 21, 2008 at 7:01:27 am

Gibson (guitars) and T.C. Electronic announced a merger recently at NAMM.

I've held a grudge against Gibson ever since they acquired Opcode and killed the product line. I had a ton of money invested in Opcode Studio Vision, which disappeared.

Does anybody know why Gibson would buy a company only to kill it?

I don't know the details of the Gibson/T.C. merger, but I'd be interested in any insights available here. Especially since I just purchased a T.C. Electronic PowerCore X8 to replace my Waves Diamond Bundle because my Waves dongle key was lost in a laptop theft in Houston.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Gibson/TC Electronic Merger (Opcode Vision)
on Jan 21, 2008 at 2:51:35 pm

Hello Danny and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum

Many people were left confused and hurt by that deal. We will (probably) never know the real reasons for either merger other than someone thought it was a good idea on each side.

The press release says they are "planning to merge." This means they haven't done the deal yet. It is not at all unusual for companies to put out a "trial balloon" press release to see how the market will react. If the market response is negative enough, the deal may not happen.

Anyone with concerns about Gibson's previous actions with Opcode, and what might happen with TC, might try posting their concerns to the TC forum and any other professional forums. If there is enough concern, they may reconsider.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford/AudioBootcamp.html
Watch Ty play guitar:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]