FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nuendo anyone?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rick kadri
Nuendo anyone?
on Jan 17, 2008 at 3:08:06 am

hello there,

i know protools is a "standard" for most post house, i also heard a lot about nuendo. i plan to do my own mixes and theres a couple of things nuendo has that vegas doesnt such as offline processing and more automation features.

can anyone describe if any the experience with nuendo. I see its
gaining a crowd

thanks

Return to posts index

Danny Grizzle
Re: Nuendo anyone?
on Jan 21, 2008 at 6:49:54 am

I bought Nuendo for Macintosh, and I really like it. I've also got Steinberg's now discontinued control surface, "Houston."

The Houston is a huge piece of equipment, but great build quality, made by Harmon-Kardon in England. The wonderful thing is Steinberg continues to support it -- Mac USB drivers were issued recently. (There are two interfaces: USB and MIDI -- Mac users were previously limited to MIDI only).

I had just received shipment of my Nuendo 4 upgrade only a week earlier when my laptop was stolen in Houston last Thanksgiving. Inside the laptop bag, I lost hardware dongles to Waves Diamond Native, Nuendo, Antares Auto-Tune, BIAS Master Perfection Suite, Electric Image Animation Studio, and Steinberg HALion.

Waves has already made it perfectly clear to me that any owner who loses the hardware dongle is SOL. I got that direct from tech support, and again from my dealer Sweetwater on appeal to Waves home office in Israel.

So I purchased a T.C. Electronic PowerCore X8 for $1,500 instead of Waves replacement cost of $1,800.

Steinberg USA tech told me the official word from the home office in Germany is tough luck, but they would try to help me. I am so defeated by the Waves ordeal, I have not pursued a final ruling from Steinberg.

Frankly, Apple selling Logic Studio Pro for $500 makes Nuendo a tough buy at $2,000. So unless Steinberg makes me a real deal, I am a former Nuendo owner.

FWIW - Electric Image replaced the hardware dongle for $50. BIAS is discontinuing hardware keys because they are too much trouble -- lost, stolen, etc. So BIAS will convert my license to the new scheme at no charge.

This ordeal has been almost too much trouble -- nearly put me out of business, ugh.

I don't want to bail on Nuendo, but if I have to, I may have a like-new Houston Controller for sale soon.

Return to posts index

rick kadri
on Jan 21, 2008 at 11:28:56 pm

thanks for the reply. iam wondering how nuendo's experience is as far as speed, editing, processing, mixing. People tell me its best for audio for picture work

Return to posts index

marlos mcduffie
on Feb 4, 2008 at 9:15:16 pm

want to buy the Houston.....I'm in Atlanta, thanks!

Return to posts index

marlos mcduffie
on Feb 4, 2008 at 9:10:42 pm

please contact me at contactmarlos@yahoo.com if you even blink at the idea of selling the Houston controller......thanks!

Return to posts index

rick kadri
on Feb 6, 2008 at 4:35:54 am

ok...what?

Return to posts index

marlos mcduffie
on Mar 9, 2008 at 4:02:08 pm

$250.00

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>