FORUMS: list search recent posts

multi channel audio recordings

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paula noonan
multi channel audio recordings
on Jan 7, 2008 at 3:18:18 am

I'm looking for advice on multi channel audio recording. I have started a website, coloradocapitolwatch.com. We want to record multiple state legislative committee hearings using the various urls the state provides to pick up the internet audiostreaming. The committee hearings can be up to 3 hours. I have a pc and mac, but would prefer to record on the pc. Am looking for a software recording package that will allow me to set the times for the recordings on multiple channels. For example, 6 committee hearings can start at 1pm. I would like to be able to record as many of those hearings as possible on one pc. Paula Noonan.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: multi channel audio recordings
on Jan 8, 2008 at 3:50:18 am

Hello Paula and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Interesting. I don't know of any computers that will let you divide the audio from multiple URLs discreetly.

Not to say there isn't widget to do that. I've just never seen one.

I do know that BoomRecorder (a Mac ap) will record at least 18 tracks and timecode with the right audio hardware box, but you'd still have to get the URLs to separate.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford/AudioBootcamp.html
Watch Ty play guitar:

Return to posts index

Paula Noonan
on Jan 8, 2008 at 8:43:35 pm

Ty: Each committee room has its own url, if that makes a difference. I currently use Total Recorder to pick up one url per computer, but now I want to capture all of the committee hearings, and there will be about 8 going at any one time. Paula

Return to posts index

Reid Caulfield
on May 10, 2008 at 2:33:42 am

Audio Hijack Pro or WireTap Studio can do timed recording. Never tried multiple instances at the same time, though. Might work. No TC though.

Reid C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]