FORUMS: list search recent posts

pro tools authorizations

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason levy
pro tools authorizations
on Jan 4, 2008 at 5:59:29 am

Hi,

I have been offered some pro tools HD hardware for sale including the transfer of ownership at Digidesign. But the package does not include any software or authorizations.

I see where the software is available for around $200 - they call it an "upgrade" - but would this package contain all the authorizations needed to operate legitimately? Or would i need to have the authorization from a previous PT version to install and run this "upgrade"?

I scoured the Digidesign website but it i cannot tell what the answer is from the information they have there.

Thanks,

Jason

Return to posts index

Roland Heap
Re: pro tools authorizations
on Jan 4, 2008 at 1:21:54 pm

In the Digistore on the Digidesign website you can purchase either the full version of Protools HD 7.4 ($199 i believe) or the upgrade from 7.3 ($79). The former should work. Odd that you are being sold a system without any authorizations - I kinda thought they travelled with the core cards...

Return to posts index

jason levy
on Jan 4, 2008 at 2:43:28 pm

Yes, what I thought too.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jan 8, 2008 at 7:21:34 pm

Hello Jason,

from sources inside Digidesign..

>>>With a full price ($199) TDM software upgrade to 7.4 they will get a full iLok authorization. They will not get the HDpack, nor the Ignition Pack etc

Return to posts index

jason levy
on Jan 9, 2008 at 1:19:25 am

Just what I was looking for, thanks very much Ty.

Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]