FORUMS: list search recent posts

5.1 Surround sound monitoring and workflow

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Bettisworth
5.1 Surround sound monitoring and workflow
on Dec 21, 2007 at 11:02:54 pm

Anyone know the best the best way to monitor and edit surround sound on a new MacPro using a Kona 3 card w/BOB and a 5.1 Genelec speaker setup. Previously, I had a firewire enable audio interface: Apogee Ensemble (which retails for $1999), but the unit was causing audio sync issues with video clips captured using my Kona LHe card in FCP. I spoke to several AJA technicians (very knowledgeable and helpful- I'll add), and they helped me trace my audio sync issue back to the Firewire enabled Ensemble. When I spoke to Apogee, however, they were unable to provide any help with the issue and had no experience with this particular issue.

Does anyone know the best device that would allow for 5.1 surround monitoring and creation using the KONA 3. I have FCP 2 and my main editing medias are: miniDV/DVCAM/and HDV/HD. The intergration or interoperability with AJA devices is paramount. Any advice on equipment selection and connectivity?

Return to posts index

Robert LaLonde
Re: 5.1 Surround sound monitoring and workflow
on Jan 16, 2008 at 2:59:03 pm

I used a similar setup with a Kona 2 and used a Yamaha 01V96 V2 Digital Mixer and took the AES from the BOB to the board and used an analog channel out to each speaker. You will have to assign some busses and stuff in the board as well as set the channels from within FCP and off you go.

Hope this helps

Have a good one,
Rob LaLonde
Rec and Tek Media, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]