FORUMS: list search recent posts

Telephone conversation recording?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chiahawk
Telephone conversation recording?
on Nov 14, 2007 at 1:05:21 pm

Hello audio pros!! I could use a bit of advice in figuring this out. I did a few cow searches without much luck. Here goes! I need to record a telephone conversation (interview) between my client and his client. I've done this many times before with a DynaMetric TLP-102 telephone logger patch. Easy enough...right? This time my client will be on camera and this will be shot like a call-in talk show. I need for my client (on camera) to hear HIS client on the phone WITHOUT having a phone in his hand. Of course I also need the telephone client to hear the on camera talent. I am trying to get a good isolated recording of each side of the conversation. I have a fair amount of gear including mics (lav,studio condensor,handheld), boards (several Mackies),speakers, and enough cables and connectors to wrap around the earth (at the equator) 47.3 times. Any Ideas? Thanks for your help. Carey

Return to posts index

gizmo1160
Re: Telephone conversation recording?
on Nov 17, 2007 at 11:27:51 pm

Hi there... here is a link to another listing on "COW" a little while ago that might answer your questions...
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/30/857454#857454
The talent for your shoot would need to wear a radio mic and radio in ear monitor...
Cheers gizmo1160

Return to posts index

Peter Perry
on Nov 18, 2007 at 5:08:30 am

The mic and the IFB do not need to be wireless, this can be done with less expensive wired gear. You should also have a telephone hybrid, like a Gentner.
Peter

Return to posts index

Chiahawk
on Nov 19, 2007 at 12:37:18 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I can get my head around it a little better now. CH

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]