FORUMS: list search recent posts

Patching into existing room audio

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomster1
Patching into existing room audio
on Oct 16, 2007 at 4:41:24 pm

I hope the audio Pros here can help,
The company I work for uses a video streaming appliance called a V-brick to capture and broadcast conferences via the internet to an on-demand audience. They typically set up the vbrick and either add a small camera or use the feed that the partner supplies in addition to the audio feed. I have a problem location that consistently has very low audio levels. I have had a local Professional audio co. in there 3 times to try to see why the audio feed to the V-brick is low. The mixer that it is coming from is a DigiTool MX (Architectural acoustics by peavey)They said that they can't see anything that would affect the levels and if they boost the output too high,it blasts the room. As far as I can tell it is a monitor out to the vbrick ,but I am not sure. The AV person (aka office mgr!) that runs the conferences knows NOTHING about the audio setup.
The suggestion they gave me was to split the 8 incoming mic cables out to a Shure scm800 mic mixer that would feed the V-brick.
Is this a viable option? It has been very difficult to trouble shoot this long distance and dealing with a client that does not want to spend any $ to correct the issue.
sorry for the long post, but I hope someone has a solution.

Thanks!
Tom

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: Patching into existing room audio
on Oct 17, 2007 at 1:54:51 pm

[Thomster1] "The AV person (aka office mgr!) that runs the conferences knows NOTHING about the audio setup.
"

Sorry, but THAT's your problem.

If anyone who regularly posts here was in the room, the situation could likely be sized up and remedied within 30 minutes.

Assuming otherwise properly operating gear,
I'd suspect-

A) mix-to-monitor level problem
B) connection problem (bad or improperly wired cable, wrong impedence, wrong output
C) bad mixer adjustment or mic set-up

Can't do much else from this end.
But if I was at the site, I'd be glad to help.

Return to posts index

Thomster1
Re: Patching into existing room audio
on Oct 17, 2007 at 2:03:27 pm

The way it looks right now, I will probably need to fly there to see first hand what the issues could be. I have an install to do in that state so I will add it to the last day of my trip.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]