FORUMS: list search recent posts

Korg MR-1000 ("1-bit") field recorder

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david raphael israel
Korg MR-1000 ("1-bit") field recorder
on Sep 25, 2007 at 2:47:13 am

I've been doing music-related documentary video work in India -- and now want to upgrade my audio gear. Looking around for a stand-alone digital audio recorder, the new Korg MR-1000 looks quite interesting. I can get one for $1K, and am fairly tempted to do so. I don't like the fact it apparently only comes in 110 volts -- but presumably a simple voltage converter can solve that (for India's 220). Otherwise, the specs of the machine look about as good as I could wish (far as I'm aware) . . .

I've considered some less costly units available (mainly Compact Flash field recorders), but generally they seem less solid. I like the 40-gig internal harddrive in the Korg.

Far as I've been able to determine, any comparably solid unit is more costly than the Korg.

Has anybody here used the Korg? (I didn't find it, doing an archive search -- but maybe my search method was amiss.)

I'm open to alternative suggestions! -- and would like to come to a decision pretty soon.

Would also love to get some opinions / feedback about the Korg's pluses & minuses.

thanks!
d.i.

ps: I'm briefly back in the US, and plan to buy this gear here. Belatedly occurs to me, I should check if Korg may make a 220-volt unit for Europe / Asia . . . but I rather doubt it.

david raphael israel
bhopal, india

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Korg MR-1000 ("1-bit") field recorder
on Sep 25, 2007 at 10:59:51 pm

wouldn't timecode be helpful?

Regards,

TyFord

Ty Ford's "Audio Bootcamp Field Guide" was written for video people who want better audio. More at: http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford/AudioBootcamp.html
or http://www.tyford.com

Return to posts index

david raphael israel
Re: Korg MR-1000 ("1-bit") field recorder
on Sep 26, 2007 at 2:43:54 am

My camera (the HVX200) cannot send out timecode (nor receive it), I'm told. So if -- given this -- there is some advantage to a digital audio recording device that has the option of sending / receiving timecode, I'm not aware of what the advantage might be for me. Can you enlighten me on this?

My gameplan as of now, is to use a clapper-board & hope for the best. :-)

I'm open to suggestions, if I'm missing something about this.

cheers,
d.i.

david raphael israel
bhopal, india

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]