FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone using the Edirol R-4 Pro?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
delirious
Anyone using the Edirol R-4 Pro?
on Sep 19, 2007 at 8:46:59 pm

Hello all,
I have an Edirol R-4 Pro field recorder that I am planning to use for a shoot this weekend. I haven't had, and will unlikely have, much time to play around with the settings before the shoot. I'm especially concerned about how well the files from the R-4 will import into my editing system -- Vegas 6 or VT 4.6. Anyone have any tips regarding 16 bit vs. 24 bit audio, 29.97 vs. 29.97D timecode. Also, the manual said that by recording 4 channels of audio mono the WAV files from each mic will be saved in a pjt file? Never heard of this one, will it play well or will the computer/editing programs fail to recognize it? Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

david raphael israel
Re: Anyone using the Edirol R-4 Pro?
on Sep 25, 2007 at 2:37:55 am

dil --

I don't have / haven't used the gizmo . . . but I've read a bit about it, and one (perhaps obvious) interesting feature is the fact it can accept (& synch to) timecode generated by your camera -- IF you have a camera that generates such. Of course many cameras don't.

Otherwise -- I assume it's smartest to set the timecode to whatever your camera is set to :-)

Also -- somebody lately advised (about doing digital audio recordings of this sort), to use a clapper board, as good way to establish synch when editing.

You might want to ask on the Vegas forum about the audio-file format question . . . though perhaps somebody will peep up here.

cheers,
d.i.

david raphael israel
bhopal, india

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]