FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Conversion

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Franco Bogino
Audio Conversion
on Sep 11, 2007 at 8:53:09 am

Hi

I have a WMA audio file which I need to work with. The problem is that it is 16hrs long (940mb), which is an unmanageable size.

I need to break it down to manageable chnks for logging and importing into an AVID.

Ideally I'd want to be able to open it in some software where I can see the audio waveform. In this way I can easily navigate to instances of dialogue and skip sections where there is not much going on.

I'd then like to be able to export only the sections I need, ideally as WAV.

I have got Quicktime Pro at my disposal, as well as Final Cut Pro. I tried using FCP, it worked with test files of about 30sec, but would not read the 16hr file.

All suggestions appreciated

Franco

London based Avid/ FCP offline editor.
FCP Online.

Return to posts index

lee grainge
Re: Audio Conversion
on Sep 12, 2007 at 11:11:16 pm

940MB for a 16HR file? What's the quality like? I normally would get 1gb @ 48khz 24 BIT per hour.

Dependent on what your system specs are for your computer, you could...

...try a trial version of Peak at - bias.com Or try Audacity.

Both are basic editing systems. With both of these free of cost options you can easily scroll to each part.

If for some reason you cannot open the file at all, I'd suggest a conversion of the file itself before doing anything else. Find a piece of software that can convert WMF to QT.

You cannot record the whole thing at once. Set a start and finish point to the time-line that enables you to record into your DAW.

I imagine that the file might grow substantially?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]