FORUMS: list search recent posts

ONE handed clapper board

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gizmo1160
ONE handed clapper board
on Jul 5, 2007 at 7:20:50 am

Does anyone know of (or have the design for or www link for) a totally ONE HANDED clapper board.
It needs to be small and fit into your back pocket but doesnt need areas to write on.
It must be able to be loaded,and used by one hand.
As i am shooting some things with small non timecoded digital recorders, and need to sync things up easily ..just like the old style double system and nagras.

Return to posts index

Stephen Muir
Re: ONE handed clapper board
on Jul 6, 2007 at 7:50:44 pm

I believe the Denecke TS-1/2 is designed for one-handed use. It's timecode, though, so I doubt its exactly what your looking for.

What about a "Bloop" slate? It may not fit in your pants' pocket, but a trip to Home Depot will get you a belt pouch that'll work nicely.

You could make your own compact DIY bloop state to suit your needs. All you really need is a simple battery-opperated device where a push-button switch simultaneously activates a lamp and a piezo-electric buzzer. A volume control would probably make a nice addition, too.

With a bit of ingenuity, you could probably make something that resembles a small, noisy flashlight.

Return to posts index

Thax
Re: ONE handed clapper board
by
on Jul 9, 2007 at 3:12:06 pm

[Stephen Muir] "With a bit of ingenuity, you could probably make something that resembles a small, noisy flashlight."

Apple has that.

They call it an iPhone.

;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]