FORUMS: list search recent posts

ADR - making it sound natural

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Nordin
ADR - making it sound natural
on Jul 1, 2007 at 1:05:37 am

Hello all -

I am working on a project that has one of the main character's entire dialog ADR'ed. Much of the dialog takes place between this character (Edward) and his son (Jeff), who was not ADR'ed.

We are having a problem getting the two of them to sound like they are in the same room. Some of the ADR was recorded with a U87 and some of the dialog was recorded with a Sanken which was the same mic as used on location, with same mic placement etc. Needless to say, the Sanken track is a better match but I include the U87 track because we have nothing else for that section. Even with the Sanken, we didn't go so far as to do the ADR in a similar room to the original, an oversight I am now regretting. Live and learn I suppose.

Time is tight and budget is small, so I am hoping not to have to do the ADR session over again. Anyone know any tricks? I have posted the samples on my website - if any of you could take some time to give a listen and provide some suggestions I would be very grateful.

Here's the link
ftp://71.198.108.67/Edward_ADR-samples

Thanks a bunch - Sharon

San Francisco, CA

Return to posts index

Rodney M
Re: ADR - making it sound natural
on Jul 1, 2007 at 1:23:56 am

Sorry Sharon but the link isn't working for me.

One thing you might try is running both ADR and production tracks (for that scene) through a reverb unit with a room setting. This way you will get some matching room reflections for both tracks. Obviously, you have room reflections already recorded in the track, but you may be able to massage the created reflections enough to where it's believable (or at least, not distractable).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]