FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 lav's, transmitters and 1 receiver.

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patson
2 lav's, transmitters and 1 receiver.
on May 31, 2007 at 12:07:58 am

I'm researching wireless lav mic's for use on my Canon GL2 and I have this question.

On location, I want to be able to have two people mic'd so that as one is talking, if the other coughs, the cough doesn't mess up the audio of the first person. I realize 2 mic's and 2 transmitters are required, but is one reciever able to take audio from both mic's and via an MA300, provide two audio tracks or are 2 receivers required?

I've read that a wired mic would be more reliable, but where I'm going to be, that is not an option.

Thanks in advance for clarification and direction. Pattie

Return to posts index

Peter Perry
Re: 2 lav's, transmitters and 1 receiver.
on May 31, 2007 at 2:59:49 am

You need two complete systems, 2 transmitters and 2 receivers.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on May 31, 2007 at 12:24:33 pm

If that receiver is an Audio Technica 1800, yes.
It's actually two receivers in one case.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Ty Ford's "Audio Bootcamp Field Guide" was written for video people who want better audio. Find out more at http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford/AudioBootcamp.html
or http://www.tyford.com
Download Ty Ford's "Existential Boogie" from iTunes now.

Return to posts index

Patson
on May 31, 2007 at 12:29:54 pm

Thank you for your replys, I appreciate it. Pattie

Return to posts index

Frank Nolan
on Jun 5, 2007 at 4:52:40 pm

[Patson] "On location, I want to be able to have two people mic'd so that as one is talking, if the other coughs, the cough doesn't mess up the audio of the first person. "

One often mis-understood concept of discrete channel audio recording is that you get totally clean audio on each channel.
Even with 2 seperate systems recording to 2 discrete channels you will still hear the cough from the other person on the speakers channel, if they are standing next to each other, just as you would hear the cameraman cough or a car going by or whatever other ambient sound is in the vicinity of the microphone. It will be "off mic" but you will still hear it nonetheless.

Return to posts index

Patson
on Jun 7, 2007 at 1:11:37 am

Thanks for your response Frank,

I assumed that a "cough" would still be picked up on the second mic. I just am hoping that like you stated, depending on how close the second person is, it won't be as loud. I'm looking forward to using some new equipment that I feel will offer me more options and improve my knowledge.

Thanks again, I appreciate your input! Pattie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]