FORUMS: list search recent posts

T-power Schoeps orphan

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
T-power Schoeps orphan
on Apr 28, 2007 at 11:49:35 pm

Best purchase ever: a Schoeps MK-41 (No.28884), Cut 1 (530), & CMC4U (10058), which worked with T-power from my Nagra. The Nagra is gone. Now, I have to put a Dcode PS-T (12v T power supply) in the line, which is fine, but a bit unwieldy and one more battery to go bad.

I'd rather have the functionality of a CMC5 or CMC6, using phantom 48v powering from the camera. If I upgrade to the 5 or 6, where should I try to sell my CMC4U? And, what do you think of the Cut 1 for location documentary work?

Thanks for any advice.

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

Rodney M
Re: T-power Schoeps orphan
on May 18, 2007 at 5:23:01 pm

Hey Bob,
Sorry I'm late to this thread, but I just registered today. I agree that the Schoeps MK-41 was one of the best purchases I ever made. Wonderful mic. I use the CMC6 powersupply. It sounds as if you are using the Schoeps as a doc camera mic, correct? PSC makes an inline adapter (48V to 12T) that doesn't use batteries, as far as I know - I've not used it. And yes I would most definitely use the cut filter on a camera mic. I just recently had to put my Schoeps into action as a camera mic and the cut filter would have been much appreciated. I use the sweepable cut filter on my mixer (Sound Devices 442) instead of using the Schoeps filter. If you want to sell your CMC4U, you can try Trew Audio's used equipment dept. I've noticed alot of 12T power supplies there in the past. I would probably try the PSC before I got rid of the CMC4U. It may be a little bulky, but it would save you hundreds of $. It depends on what is most important to you - cost or convenience?

Return to posts index

Miha Boom
on May 28, 2007 at 7:51:57 pm

Hi there,

It may come late but I feel obliged to offer my little bit in the forum since I read and benefit from floating knowledge.

I own and use the PSC passive inline adapter/power converter PH48 -> T12 for my MKH 416T to power it from Edirol R4.
Size bare: 10,2cm (4 inches), plugged: 7,7cm (3in). It is a bit of steel sticking out so perhaps you have to be a little more careful as a hard knock may damage your XLR plug but so far I'm fine with small accidental ones.

I bought it second-hand and working with it for well over a year with no problems. I haven't checked for noise comparison with mixer powering it 12t straight instead of p48 coverted to 12t but I don't think so. Anybody with an opinion on the electrics side of things is really welcome.

Take care,
Miha

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on May 29, 2007 at 1:25:09 am

[Miha Boom] "It is a bit of steel sticking out so perhaps you have to be a little more careful as a hard knock may damage your XLR plug but so far I'm fine with small accidental ones."

You can put this anywhere in the line, right? directly onto the mic, or between two XLR cables, or on the camera? Where do you put this device?

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

Rodney M
on May 30, 2007 at 2:54:01 am

You can place it anywhere in line between the mic and the phantom power source, though I would suggest turning the power off before placing it in line.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]