FORUMS: list search recent posts

mult box

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
mult box
on Apr 13, 2007 at 11:37:57 pm

A friend who works for a non-profit asked me today about mult boxes. They frequently host press conferences, and have been begging and borrowing a box.

What should they buy? They typically get about twelve press people who would like to plug in their devices (both video cameras and small digital tape recorders).

They are also poor as church mice. Should they just get something on eBay or craigslist if it pops up, or would that just be borrowing trouble?

Thank you.

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

Rodney M
Re: mult box
on May 18, 2007 at 5:57:54 pm

I can't necessarily give a model recommendation, but I wouldn't think of using a mult-box that didn't have tranformer isolated outputs. A lot of the cheaper mult-boxes don't have transformer iso'd outs and therefore can allow buzzes and hums to invade all the audio outs if one person connects with power (ground) issues. I know cost is an issue, but some things are worth the extra $$$.

Whirlwind makes a passive press box that takes a line level input and distributes it into 6,12 or 24 (depending on model) mic level, transformer isolated outs. This would probably be an affordable box that may suit there needs. It's less flexible than I would like but would probably work for budget-minded customers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]