FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing A Stereo File as two split mono files into Soundtrack Pro

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
gangui
Importing A Stereo File as two split mono files into Soundtrack Pro
on Mar 26, 2007 at 9:25:49 am

Whenever I send a audio file or multitrack session from FCP 5.1.1 to Soundtrack Pro 1.1, I find that the audio files are sent as a stereo file, i.e. within Soundtrack Pro, you'll see that one track contains a stereo file, i.e. two channels of information.

What I would rather like to do is have the left and right channels split and be placed onto seperate tracks in Soundtrack Pro, i.e. left channel would appear on track 01 and right channel would appear on track 02.

When I receive sound recordings from the production sound mixer, they have provided two discrete channels of audio. One channel might contain the boom mic, while the right channel contains the information from the radio mic (lav).

And so, if I have a discrete two-channel audio file transferred from FCP to Soundtrack Pro as a stereo file on one track, I then have no control over the left and right channels of audio.

If it's not possible to have them split during the transfer, is there some program I can find that will actually split the audio file into two mono files.

Pro Tools does something similar where it imports and converts a stereo or 2-channel audio file into two single mono file, one that signifies the left channel and the other than signifies the right channel. If the stereo file is called music_sample, for example, Pro Tools will import and split it into music_sample.L and music_sample.R. I can then proceed to put each file onto its own track.

Is there some program that will take a number of stereo or two-channel audio files and split them up in some batch fashion so I don't have to go into Quicktime Pro and manually do this one file at a time?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]