FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about mike for wide two shots, adjusting levels while recording and DAT levels

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas1075
Question about mike for wide two shots, adjusting levels while recording and DAT levels
on Mar 25, 2007 at 7:06:24 pm

Dear forum,
Thank you so much for your previous advice. I really appreciate it!!
As you know I am a newbie production sound recordist. I recently relocated, and here it is impossible to find any production sound recordist, unless you have big bucks to pay which the production rarely have. So I have been a de facto recordist on many smaller production on many productions. And I am still learning.

Anyways, since I am not involved in dialogue editing or sound design, I am not really sure what kind of sound I have recorded. Although one of my stipulations when doing a gig, is to talk to the dialogue editor and sound designer to get feed back. Often is it your mistakes you really learn from.

Now to the questions.
I have been on several shoots where two or three actors are close together in a wide two or three shot, but the only equipment beside mixer is wireless lavs, a great shot gun and boom, so I am having a difficult time picking up good clean dialogue on those wide two or three shots, especially if the actors are talking at big different levels. I do what I can and usually point the boom to the one that are talking but some times that is not possible especially if they are far away from each other. But when the camera punch in I usually get great sound for each actor which I hope can also be used in post for the wider shots where the sound perhaps isn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]