FORUMS: list search recent posts

seeking professional advice on Audio production for animation

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd George
seeking professional advice on Audio production for animation
on Jan 29, 2007 at 3:05:23 pm

Hello everyone

I have a corporate video production background and want to try my hand at an animated short

I am aware that the professional practice is to have your vocal talent in a recording booth but I was wondering if I could try another approach

what I would love to do is record the talent on location actually performing the scene

I realize this will have an affect on the overall sound but I want a natural performance, and this project is going to be pretty no/low budget so I don't anticipate getting voice over talent with experience

what I would like is any advice on mic systems/lav systems that would be good for this sort of thing

also any advice on audio software that is professional level for the mac I'm running Os 10.4x on a G5 and powerbook G4 (neither are the new intell machines)

thank you in advance

Todd George
Instructional Media Services
John Carroll University
University Heights, OH 44118

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: seeking professional advice on Audio production for animation
on Jan 30, 2007 at 3:54:24 am

I'd try a Countryman E6 with a wireless like a Sennheiser G2 and LISTEN REALLY CAREFULLY ALL THE TIME with good headphones (sony MDR 7506) to make sure you get everything you need.

Ty Ford

Ty Ford's "Audio Bootcamp Field Guide" was written for video people who want better audio. Find out more at http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford/AudioBootcamp.html
or http://www.tyford.com
Download Ty Ford's "Existential Boogie" from iTunes now.

Return to posts index

Will Salley
on Feb 1, 2007 at 4:14:06 am

[Todd George] "also any advice on audio software that is professional level for the mac I'm running Os 10.4x on a G5 and powerbook G4 (neither are the new intell machines)"

Apple Logic or Digidesign Pro Tools (rack unit option is more portable)

Return to posts index

todd George
on Feb 6, 2007 at 3:08:24 pm

Hello Will

thank you for your suggestion

would you recommend Logic Pro Express or should I just go with Logic Pro

the main reason for my question is because I have never seen Logic marketed to video (or animation) producers exculsively I have only ever seen demos that are music producer oriented

thank you for your help

Todd George
Instructional Media Services
John Carroll University
University Heights, OH 44118

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]