FORUMS: list search recent posts

output visualization of audio frequencies to NTSC

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
output visualization of audio frequencies to NTSC
on Jan 10, 2007 at 7:10:02 pm

I need to be able to show audio soundwaves, live, from a .wav or .mp3 file, on an NTSC monitor.

I have seen software which shows this in a window on a PC, but the image is sort of jumpy, with screen update artifacts (WavePad: Frequency Analysis tool). And, I don't know how to output even that to NTSC.

Does anyone know of a tool, either software or hardware, which will do this?

Thanks!

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

Crow T Robot
Re: output visualization of audio frequencies to NTSC
on Jan 11, 2007 at 7:08:36 pm

After Effects has 2 plug-ins included with the software: "Audio Spectrum" and "Audio Waveform"
They are very customizable...

crow

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Jan 11, 2007 at 7:11:07 pm

Thanks, and maybe I will wind up doing that. Unfortunately I am being asked to do it "live." Music in, video out, no rendering.

AE's results are fantastic, I agree.

-- Bob

Return to posts index

stephen muir
on Jan 11, 2007 at 7:50:08 pm

Are you looking for a research and diagnostic tool or a visualisation tool?

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Jan 11, 2007 at 8:16:08 pm

[stephen muir] "Are you looking for a research and diagnostic tool or a visualisation tool?"

Good question. This is purely for show. It's to provide a visual counterpoint to some action on stage. In fact I'd like to be able to customize the display to make it more graphic, but I may have to do that with real-time video processing, once I get the display out to NTSC.

-- Bob

Return to posts index

stephen muir
on Jan 11, 2007 at 9:33:51 pm

I remember an old DOS program called "Cthugha" which may be exactly the kind of thing you're looking for. It kind of looked like an oscilloscope that had dropped acid and then burst into flames. Very customizable, trippy visuals, and very reactive to incoming audio signals. You'll still have to overcome the VGA to NTSC issue, but there are plenty of ways to tackle that one. I think the website is http://www.afn.org/~cthugha/

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
very cool
on Jan 11, 2007 at 10:57:25 pm

Thanks Stephen. That may be a little too much for this client but what a great find.

-- Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]