FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why can't I get audio of ADOBE PPRO through ADVC500 and MAKIE mixer

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vanja Marin
Why can't I get audio of ADOBE PPRO through ADVC500 and MAKIE mixer
on Nov 23, 2006 at 12:13:34 am

The thing is, I am working, at the moment , in editing studio that runs INTEL P4, 3.0GHz HT, 2GB DDR, X1300PRO 256 DDR3 working station and uses CANOPUS ADVC 500 as DV/ANALOG and VICE VERSA converter... It is connected to PC via COM1 port, and audio outputs from it goes directly to amplifier/MACKIE mix pult....

Now, when I run AVID or PINNACLE LIQUID, I get the sound straight through the CANOPUS ADVC 500 to MACKIE where I can controle it on its way out to speakers.

BUT none of ADOBE PRODUCTION SUITE programs pass any sound thorugh....

For them to be heard I have to get LINE OUT from onboard SoundCard, plug it in MACKIE, but just as monitor - I can't control anything with MACKIE.....

WHY IS IT SO????

Does somebody know???

I really need to find an answer to this question pretty fast, so I'd realy appriciate any help!

Thnx a lot!

V, sad.gif sad.gif

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: Why can't I get audio of ADOBE PPRO through ADVC500 and MAKIE mixer
on Nov 29, 2006 at 10:17:41 pm

within Premiere, click on playback settings and select play sounds through DV hardware. It is not automatic.

Return to posts index

vanjamarin
Re: Why can't I get audio of ADOBE PPRO through ADVC500 and MAKIE mixer
on Nov 30, 2006 at 1:13:21 am

Thnx for an idea... But this was one of first things I've tried... I also changed ASIO drivers, turned off On Board Sound card and did everything that was there to adjust from preferences and project settings...

I am starting to wonder if ADOBE AUDITION and PREMIERE PRO maybe simpley can't do it... maybe they must go through sound card (or Fire Wire - it does work when I hook my camcorder which is connected through Fire Wire), but this CANOPUS ADVC 500 is connected to comp via COM1 connector... Maybe ADOBE simply doesn't recognize COM1 as working end....

Who knows! :/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]