Rafi Bagramian
Lavalier Mic Buzz!
on Nov 13, 2006 at 2:07:13 am

I

Return to posts index

Will Salley
Re: Lavalier Mic Buzz!
on Nov 13, 2006 at 6:56:26 am

Sounds like it's a bad balancing circuit on the camera preamps. What model of camera? Are you using battery or power supply on the camera? Check cables and connectors!

System Info - G5/Dual 2 - 10.4.8 - QT v7.1.3 - 8GB ram - Radeon 9800Pro - External SATA Raid - Decklink Extreme - Wacom 6x8

Return to posts index

Rafi Bagramian
on Nov 13, 2006 at 8:33:26 am

Panasonic DVX-100A. I'm using Power. All other types of Mics work fine when hooked directly into the Camera! It's only these Lavelier Mics!! Which, as I mentioned, work fine through the Mixer!!

I've tried different Cables!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Matte
on Nov 13, 2006 at 11:38:40 am

You know, you never told us which mics you have.

Sounds like an "open" shield on the mics or the camcorder.

Take all involved to a local technician and see that the tech can find,

Too little info at this distance.

Return to posts index

Chaos Wrangler
on Dec 2, 2006 at 12:14:28 am

Is your Mixer battery or wall powered? Have you tried going on battery for everything? ground loops can come from anywhere and this includes anything hooked up to the camera and a wall outlet such as monitors, mixers, speakers, teleprompters etc.

Andrew

Chaos is the beginning of everything.

Return to posts index

Rafi Bagramian
on Dec 4, 2006 at 9:32:21 pm

Yes Andrew!! You got it!! I tried it with the Battery and there is no Buzz at all. Then I hooked it up to the power and the buzz came back!!!

I now recall I once did use it with the battery and had no problem. But I had forgotten about it.

Is there anything I can do to eliminate the Buzz when using the Power?

Thank you very much!!

Return to posts index

Chaos Wrangler
on Dec 4, 2006 at 9:44:06 pm

Make sure everything that is pluged into the camera is on the same circut or try ground lifts (the ugly grey things that you plug onto extention cords to work in older houses). The ground lift is a last resort because it produces a few hazzards. Other things can be happening (I once had to deal with an alarm system in the floor that caused a buzz. We had to go all battery and the camera guy was not happy because his monitor was not battery operated. We would et up the shot then unplug the monitor to shoot.
*** Also dimmers on lights cause buzzes make sure they are on a different circut.
Good luck,
Drew

Chaos is the beginning of everything.

Return to posts index

Rafi Bagramian
on Dec 4, 2006 at 9:55:55 pm

Well, no other item was being used! So that's not it. And no dimmers either. So maybe I'll try the Ground Lift and see if it works. If so, I'll only use it if I can't do it with the Battery.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]