FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need post advice on 2 audio voiceover samples

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nathan mitchiner
Need post advice on 2 audio voiceover samples
on Nov 11, 2006 at 4:04:06 pm

Hello All -
My company develops custom online and classroom based training (dvds, cds, etc) that oftentimes has recorded voiceovers to go along with the courses.

We recently got a 4x4ft WhisperRoom Soundbooth enclosure so we can do voiceovers in our office. Our other equipment includes a Mackie 1202vlz pro, AT 3035 mic, M-Audio Delta 44 card, and a PC with Sound Forge to edit.

I am comfortable with the audio hardware but am VERY NEW (stress VERY) to voice-over post production (EQ, Compression, Reverb, etc). Before I tackle the post, I wanted to get the thoughts from you audio professionals on the following 2 raw test VO files that I just recorded this past week. If you all could listen to them and give me any advice on "polishing" and how to move forward I would GREATLY appreciate it.

http://www.ibiblio.org/nmitch1/ari_brett_vocal_test_edit.wav
http://www.ibiblio.org/nmitch1/ari_rick_vocal_test_raw_edit.wav

Thanks ahead of time for helping a novice out.

Best
NM

Return to posts index

nathan mitchiner
Re: Need post advice on 2 audio voiceover samples
on Nov 13, 2006 at 12:52:11 pm

In addition to getting post advice on the raw samples above, I had another question about delivery. These samples will not be mixed with anything and will actually be going on a VO cd for clients to choose from for their training. That is what I wanted to make them as polished as possible.

With that said, sometimes the training is online and people with primarily be listening to the audio via the web with cheap headphones or cheap speakers. Naturally I am editing the samples with some nice Sony Headphone monitors that pick up more and sound a lot different than cheap speakers, etc. So, how do I edit to make sure that online users will hear good VO audio as well?

Should I first edit with the Sony Headphones and then make a separate file for online that may have higher frequency EQ to not make it sound as bassy?

Thanks Again
nm

PS. For what it is worth, these two VO samples are from in-house co-worker talent and not professional.........in case you couldn't tell :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]