FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio workflow question

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FooKai
audio workflow question
on Oct 23, 2006 at 3:33:55 pm

Hi,

working on an animated show to be broadcast quality, and wanted to get people's input on how to get the best quality audio.

The VO records are done at a recording studio and are delivered as AIF file at 44.1 KHz. We bring them into FCP, Cut them up; export audio as AIFF to flash animators; the flash animators embed the AIFF files into their animation work; animators export their file as a quicktime movie from Flash; Quicktime Movie is brought back into FCP and exported to for audio mixing.

The original audio was recorded at 44 KHz 16-bit Integer, Flash handles the audio and can export it at 44 KHz 16-bit Integer, so is would there be any issues using the audio embedded in the exported Flash Quicktime movie? In FCP I drop the embedded audio on the first 2 audio tracks and then have 18 other original raw audio clips underneath it. What audio should i send to the mixing guy? The Flash Embedded audio or the original Raw audio from the recording session. If I use the original Raw audio then I have to reline it up to the animation and this takes more time. Can I just use the embedded audio from the flash quicktime movie? It should sound the same and be the same quality right? Does flash add any kind of audio artifacts to it's audio files?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]