FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does Bank # matter? Less crowded frequencies?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eyecamiam
Does Bank # matter? Less crowded frequencies?
on Sep 30, 2006 at 6:03:02 pm

Sennheiser EW 100 G2-s

Having problems in LA area with high-pitched interference. Was told by one end user to try higher number banks. That the frequencies in higher # banks are less crowded. Any truth to this?

Return to posts index

Will Salley
Re: Does Bank # matter? Less crowded frequencies?
on Oct 2, 2006 at 2:44:07 am

These charts will tell you where the commercially-licensed users are, but after that you'll have to scan or manually search channels while on location.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/mat_dev/frequencyfinder/Freqfinder-ew....

Return to posts index

eyecamiam
on Oct 4, 2006 at 5:43:54 am

Thanks. I downloaded the chart. Just to be clear: I should scan for channels and then avoid the frequencies listed as being used by commercial channels? Are they the only major source of interference? Do the different banks mean anything?

Return to posts index

Will Salley
on Oct 4, 2006 at 2:52:17 pm

Frequency scanners - such as thoses found on higher-end receivers - will scan for any signal on the bandwidth, not just commercial stations. It could be any number of users, but you can count on the "holes" (areas of available bandwidth) changing on an hourly basis in most major metros. I don't think one bank is favored over another in general. However, if your primary market has less wireless activity in a certain block, or bank, then it would likely have more available holes.

Return to posts index

eyecamiam
on Oct 5, 2006 at 2:52:56 am

Thanks Will, I understand how to scan and I know this unit scans for all busy frequencies. Just don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]