FORUMS: list search recent posts

processing plug ins in pro tools

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chemix
processing plug ins in pro tools
on Sep 29, 2006 at 9:31:57 am

Hi there all, I'm afraid to be asking a very dumb question but...

How do you process a waves plugin to a track once you are happy with it?

I'd like to continue editing audio but "removing" the plugins I'm already happy with so they don't hog up all my powerbook processing force...

Thanks a lot in advance

Chemix

Canary Islands

BUNKER studio
"edit in paradise"

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: processing plug ins in pro tools
on Sep 30, 2006 at 2:39:15 pm

If the plugins also are available as AudioSuite plugins, you can try copy/pasting settings you get with one and render the individual tracks with that effect.

You can also mute all tracks but the one you want to mix out as effected and do a mix to disk of that effected track only and then replace the original track.

Ty Ford

Ty Ford's "Audio Bootcamp Field Guide" was written for video people who want better audio. Find out more at http://www.tyford.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Muir
Re: processing plug ins in pro tools
on Oct 1, 2006 at 4:16:37 pm

Another option is to record the effected track to a new audio track. The easiest way to do this is through a post-fader send via internal bussing. Make sure that only the new record track is rec-enabled, highlight the audio in question (including any reverb decay time on the end) and just record it directly to the track.

You may want to leave the original track version in the session (disabled, of course) in case you have to go back to tweak the effect settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]