FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser ew 100 g2 POPPING ?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dog food
Sennheiser ew 100 g2 POPPING ?
on Sep 27, 2006 at 7:41:56 am

HI,

I was out recording using my wireless lapel mic and in play back on final cut pro I am getting popping on 10% of my footage. The popping has ntothing to do with outside interference as it has happened in extreme remote locations. It usually only stays for 10-20 minutes.

Nothing is hitting the mic, because sometimes it happens when the mic is by itself....

If there is NO sound (nobody talking), the mic does not pop.. But as soon as somebody starts to talk, the popping starts?

I was unable to monitor my audio while I was recording because the mic jack on my PD-150 broke during the begining of the shoot. I am concerned that I may not even be able to hear the popping with my recently repaired mic jack...

Does anybody have any ideas?

thanks

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: Sennheiser ew 100 g2 POPPING ?
on Sep 27, 2006 at 11:48:21 am

[dog food] "I was unable to monitor my audio while I was recording because the mic jack on my PD-150 broke during the begining of the shoot. I am concerned that I may not even be able to hear the popping with my recently repaired mic jack...

Does anybody have any ideas?
"

Not until you explain what you mean by the above satement.

Return to posts index

dog food
on Sep 27, 2006 at 3:15:07 pm

Hi MATTE

The EAR PHONE Jack (used for plugging in head phones) stopped working. Well, It worked but it only worked intermittently and only one channel at a time. IT was horrible.. 1 second I could hear AUDIO.. Then a bunch of crackling and then it would go out.... it was useless.

I took the camera in and had it fixed. They piece that was replaced included the earphone jack, the RCA's, firewire, LANC and S Video. It is all one piece on the PD 150. This is the second time this has been replaced on this camera

Thanks for your help

ps- sorry I MENT EARPHONE JACK . not "mic jack" sorry for the confusion

Return to posts index

Matte
on Sep 27, 2006 at 3:43:49 pm

First, just as information:

I don't use the earphone jack on my PD150.

I have a small battery-operated headphone amp that I plug into the RCA audio outputs on the camera and then plug my headphones into this little amp.

The amp is much more powerful than the PD150's weak internal headphone amp... I can hear everything so much better using the portable headphone amp.

Now, to your wireless mic's problem.

Could be ANYTHING.
You must perform all types of tests with it to see under which conditions (distance, motion, battery strength, antenna position, etc.) the problem occurs.

It appears to be unrelated to anything that you can correct with placement, batteries, etc. then (like your PD150) it needs a trip to the electronics hospital.

Return to posts index

dog food
on Sep 27, 2006 at 3:53:10 pm

Thanks MATTE,

Can you post a link to this battery-operated headphone amp that plugs into your RCAs? I would like to see this item.

cheers

Return to posts index

Matte
on Sep 27, 2006 at 5:01:52 pm

There are lots out there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40138&item=170003245...

http://www.dansdata.com/cmoy.htm

http://www.headphone.com/products/headphone-amps/the-mobile-line/

Google for more.

They really make a difference on what kinds of things you can actually hear duting the shoot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]