I'm a bit of a newbie, not sure exactly what I need but this is what I want.
- I want to be able to record audio onto my computer using my shure xm58 mic.
- I also want to be able to use the same mixer with my jvc camera (gy-dv500)
- When shooting video I want 4 xlr's ( 2 lav mics, a sen me66 + one xlr to spare).
- Initially I would like to hook this up to my camera but then have provision to
use a dat or something else to record the audio separately - so need the right outputs
- portablility plus battery and electrical operation
With my limited research, I'm looking at something like the yamaha mg82fx 8.
I have also looked at the m-audio stuff with firewire. This seems perfect for the
computer side v/o's, sound transferred over firewire right to the hd. But it lacks
the 4 xlr inputs I would need to use with my camera...
I have spent at least 4 hours on this reading and whatnot, feel I don't know enough to
make the right call. Will be buying an x-meridian sound card when they are available
I have an Alesis MultiMix8 - needs power but has the 4 xlr's - seems like very clean sound - got a great review in Videomaker (not sure if that is a plus or not) - it's firewire into the computer. Just another option.