FORUMS: list search recent posts

Running Windows version of ProTools M-Powered 7.1 on my intel Mac

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
strobeboy
Running Windows version of ProTools M-Powered 7.1 on my intel Mac
on Sep 13, 2006 at 5:55:46 am

Has anyone else out there been trying this? I bought a MacBook for mobile recording use. I love it! I decided that since most of the audio programs, plug-ins and extras that I own for mastering are PC based & because my Mac had intel processors, that I would do the bootcamp thing. It works almost perfectly. I still have to work the bugs out. I am using a firewire audio device and whether or not you boot-up with it plugged in seems to affect ProTools' ability to use the hardware properly. When I plug it in after boot-up it runs. When I plug it in before ProTools throws out errors left and right. I also disable the stock sound card in the device manager section of Windows [control panel/system/hardware/device manager].

BTW, Electronic Musician had a great article about the intel Macs and bootcamp in the Sept, 2006 issue.

Anyway, I partitioned the drive and all. Created my mac drivers install disc. Loaded my Window XP with SP2. All my programs and plug-ins worked. So now I have a MacBook with all my Mac and PC based programs with which to go mobile. The most difficult thing is trying to stop the blurring that is happening in my head. For example, looking at my Mac trying to remember to use PC commands in my Windows based ProTools on an Apple keyboard while the Apple tracking pad doesn't do what I'm used to it doing in the Mac OS...you get the idea...MY BRAIN HURTS...

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
Re: Running Windows version of ProTools M-Powered 7.1 on my intel Mac
on Sep 17, 2006 at 3:46:43 pm

I haven't had great success trying to run Windows audio tools in my MacBook Pro running BootCamp and Windows XP. I have had some VERY serious crashes that lock my machine so hard that I have to pull batteries and do some nasty restarts as nothing else works. None of the normal reset key combinations, etc., works. I have been very frustrated with it all and so I run my Windows software under Windows and my Mac stuff on a Mac. The Promised Land of Mac/Windows running parallel has been no Land of Milk and Honey for me.

If you find any answers, I am all ears...well, except for the arms, legs, and the rest of me.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
creativecow.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]