FORUMS: list search recent posts

EVP??????

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ewan
EVP??????
by
on Aug 23, 2006 at 2:06:18 pm

I filmed a wedding for friends a couple of weeks ago, I film using a Canon XL1S (no radio mic) during one point, one of the guests is wishing the happy couple all the best. On the sound there is a sudden spike and an 'electronic pop' (sounds like a radar signature) then quietly there appears to be the voice of a child saying 'help me mummy'(I'm not mad, honestly!!!!) Please take a listen and let me know your thoughts.

MP3 http://www.filefactory.com/file/fc95f1/
WAV http://www.filefactory.com/file/8e786b/

Honestly this is no wind up and if someone could shed some light i.e electrical interference or if someone has the ability to "clean" it up a bit it would be appreciated.

Ps just click on download for free.

MP3 is only 170kb
WAV is near 1 meg

Any feedback on what you think would be appreciated.

P.s this was taken in the courtyard of an old farm, there was no electric equipment near by with the exception of the woman speaking who is in an electric whellchair as she is severly dissabled.

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: EVP??????
on Aug 23, 2006 at 3:16:03 pm

The links don't bring up any audio files for me.

MORE unexplained phenomena ???

Return to posts index

Ewan
by
on Aug 23, 2006 at 6:42:18 pm

You need to click on "Download for free with FileFactory Basic" don't worry there is no registration or programs to download, just the sound files. Unexplained 'yes' Phenomenon 'hope not'.

Return to posts index

Matte
on Aug 24, 2006 at 8:09:17 pm

I would really like to participate on your "fun" here, but I can't get any kind of usable file to download from that hideous monstrosity of a rip-off site that you linked-to.

Sorry.

Return to posts index

Ewan
by
on Aug 24, 2006 at 10:16:04 pm

I'm sorry, i'll bin that site (never hosted anything before) here is a link to youtube with the actual video clip. The 'extra' voice appears at the 4 second mark. Any sort of explanation would be helpful.

Return to posts index

Matte
on Aug 24, 2006 at 10:34:28 pm

Woo-Hoo!!
I actually got something to download to audition!

The "spike" could be a just an odd aberration... they happen.

Was there someone nearby with a CEL PHONE... they can cause all kinds of havoc to a camcorder.

But I don't HEAR the voice of a child saying 'help me mummy'.

Hey, you're OUTSIDE... so in the area there just might have been a child saying 'help me mummy'.

If you want more input, can you re-post your clip and add about 5-10 more seconds on EACH SIDE of the "problem".
Its way too hard to evaluate to such a short clip.

Return to posts index

ewan
by
on Aug 25, 2006 at 7:31:38 am

OK Matte, Im at work at the moment but will do this for you tonight when i get home. To set the picture for you, this was filmed in the middle of no where (on an old farm, 16th century). The old barn was converted years ago into a luxury wedding venue location, when I filmmed this part of the video we were in a sort of courtyard, there was children at the wedding you see my son walks behind the woman, but during filming there was no kids near by (except my son) and the woman who is speakings' daughter (twenty something year old), getting away from the 'voice' (although i am curious) I'm a bit concerned with the camera in case it's starting to develop a problem within the sound system. Anyway not going to bore you any longer, will post a new link with the full clip tonight.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]