FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stmp setting for a live record

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sacci
Stmp setting for a live record
on Aug 2, 2006 at 7:01:08 pm

I'm just double-checking, I'm doing a multi-cam shoot with Pan SDX-900 in 24pa mode. We are sending TC from one camera to the other cameras and to audio record (pro tools rig) Pro tools should be set to sync at 29.97. Since that is what is actually being recorded to tape.

I also plan to edit in true 24p timeline, end delivery is a 24p DVD. Once I remove the pulldown on capture is there any procedure for doing something with the audio? or will to sync fine from being to end.

- Cross posted in SDX forum

Return to posts index

Will Salley
Re: Stmp setting for a live record
on Aug 2, 2006 at 8:33:24 pm

[sacci] "end delivery is a 24p DVD"

I've never heard of a 24p DVD. Is that data only - for transfer to film?

Your frame rate on a 24p timeline will not sync with PT @ 29.97. You would have to manually sync every shot unless you synced BEFORE capture and let Cinema Tools lock audio. You could also sync all shots after capture but before editing and conversion.

I would recommend editing at 29.97 and then doing the pulldown after it's finished. You could also record audio at 24 fps if you are sure that will be your delivery frame rate.

I know of no current DVD standard that supports 24p playback...but I might be wrong.

System Info - G5/Dual 2 - 10.4.7 - QT v7.1.2 - 8GB ram - Radeon 9800Pro - External SATA Raid - Decklink Extreme - Wacom 6x8

Return to posts index

sacci
on Aug 4, 2006 at 12:32:43 am

I did a 20 test before the concert, shot 24pa, capture video 29.97 with advanced pulldown, Put video on a 24P timeline, audio gave me a a stereo mixed down and we were golden, no drift!

BTW 99.9% of hollywood title DVDs are 24P. You need a progressive DVD player hooked up to a Digital TV (or computer) to view them at true 24P or else the player will add a pulldown so you can watch it on a normal TV at 29.97.

Return to posts index

Matte
on Aug 4, 2006 at 12:54:18 pm

Here's more on this for the "lurkers".

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/24p_in_FCP_nattress.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]