FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there way to reset Digi 002 hardware?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Feagle
Is there way to reset Digi 002 hardware?
on Jul 7, 2006 at 12:48:29 am

My 002 hardware has crashed. It will not come back up after shutting down. After being off for an hour it did come back up, but failed after just a few minutes. I'm not even using it with the software. I just wanted to use it in standalone mode. Is there a way to reset the hardware? Some magical combination of buttons held down during power up? TIA.

Bruce Feagle

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Is there way to reset Digi 002 hardware?
on Jul 8, 2006 at 1:10:35 am

Hi Bruce,

There was an issue with early internal power harness cables in the 002. Mine died and they sent me a new one. User replacement is not impossible. One end of the cab;e (its plug) was a bit difficult to detach, but after that, it was pretty was pretty easy.

Contact digidesign about it. It is a free replacement.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Ty Ford's "Audio Bootcamp Field Guide" was written for video people who want better audio. Find out more at http://www.tyford.com

Return to posts index

Bruce Feagle
on Jul 8, 2006 at 2:45:26 am

Thanks for the info.

I knew about the cable replacement. I had replaced it some time ago. I finally tried the Fonzie aproach and gave it a good little wack and it came back up. lol. I think I remember doing that 2 years ago with the same results. It was fixed. :) Gota love Digi hardware. Real quality stuff.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jul 8, 2006 at 12:36:28 pm

Good for you! It's been my experience that electronic equipment with connections can be serviced simply by disconnecting and reconnecting various things. Schmutz builds up on contacts and causes nutty things or non-operation. By disconnecting and reconnecting you scrape the schmutz off and everything works again.

If only this were true of our brains and hearts.

Regrds,

Ty Ford

Ty Ford's "Audio Bootcamp Field Guide" was written for video people who want better audio. Find out more at http://www.tyford.com

Return to posts index

Will Salley
on Jul 8, 2006 at 4:09:55 pm

Are you talking about the control surface or the rack?

System Info - G5/Dual 2 - 10.4.7 - QT v7.1.2 - 8GB ram - Radeon 9800Pro - External SATA Raid - Decklink Extreme - Wacom 6x8

Return to posts index

Bruce Feagle
on Jul 11, 2006 at 2:00:07 am

I have the control surface.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]