FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wired lav mikes

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harlen
Wired lav mikes
on Jul 6, 2006 at 5:51:55 pm

I'm doing some usability testing and need to get 2 lav mikes. One for the tester and one for the person guiding the test. Will attach them on their clothing. I want high quality mikes, Sennheiser, Tram, Countryman, Sonotrim etc. Any recomendations, ort limitations of either of these? I have a Mackie 1202 that I can use for phantom power.

thanks for the help

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: Wired lav mikes
on Jul 6, 2006 at 9:17:42 pm

Thousands of these in use every day by audio pros around the world.

I use Tram and Countryman.

Return to posts index

Will Salley
on Jul 8, 2006 at 4:07:23 pm

"Sennheiser, Tram, Countryman, Sonotrim etc"

Great start!

Sennheiser MKE-2 - Good all-around, sound is very good, medium/small capsule size, fairly reliable. Slight boost at mid highs.
Tram TR-50 - Sound is good, Excellent for news or corporate where exposed mic is not a problem, very reliable. Side address. Clip is cumbersome.
Countryman B-6 - Sound is excellent, good for hiding in clothing and hair due to small size, fairly reliable, have had some problems with small cable getting pinched.
Sonotrim - Don't own any Sonotrim... but I have used on rentals. Seem to be very reliable and sound is very good.

Also check into Sanken COS22 and DPA lavs, they are also used in extensively in location sound applications.
Sony ECMs are also good, but will be boosted on the low-end (boomy).

BTW, Be careful of ground issues and line hum with the 1202. The earlier models seem to have less noise than the new models.

System Info - G5/Dual 2 - 10.4.7 - QT v7.1.2 - 8GB ram - Radeon 9800Pro - External SATA Raid - Decklink Extreme - Wacom 6x8

Return to posts index

Harlen
on Jul 27, 2006 at 9:34:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, I appreciate it.
h

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]