FORUMS: list search recent posts

Am i an idiot?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davis
Am i an idiot?
on May 26, 2006 at 7:27:25 pm

Wait dont answer that. But, I have a Behringer Eurorack MX602A that I use to controll listening levels to my speakers. I have RCA to 1/4 phono jacks connecting my DV deck to the mixer and mini to 1/4 phono jacks connecting my G5 to the mixer and 1/4 to 1/4 connecting the mixer to the speakers. I would like to monitor using headphones off the mixer (is more convenient) but I am getting nothing out of the phone jack when I plug in my headphones. The Behringer manual doesn't help. What am I doing wrong.

Gear:
G5
OS 10.4.4
FCP 5.04
MX602A
Tannoy Reveals
Sony headphones (dont know what model; but there pretty nice)
Sony DSR-11 deck

Return to posts index

Peter Perry
Re: Am i an idiot?
on May 26, 2006 at 8:11:58 pm

Hi Scott,
Are your speakers connected to the main outs or the control room outs?
Peter

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
Frank Nolan
on May 26, 2006 at 8:32:36 pm

Do you have the Phones/control room level turned up?
Have you checked your headphones with something else to make sure they are working?

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on May 26, 2006 at 8:48:27 pm

Speakers are connected to main outs. Headphones are working when connected to another device. Phone volume is up.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Frank Nolan
on May 26, 2006 at 8:56:39 pm

So when you plug the phones in are you turning down the mains volume to the speakers?

Return to posts index

Peter Perry
on May 26, 2006 at 10:46:44 pm

Bingo, Frank. That is where I was heading.
Peter

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on May 27, 2006 at 2:28:02 am

Yes, main volume is down. Headphone volume up.

Return to posts index

Peter Perry
on May 27, 2006 at 4:35:51 pm

Hmmmm....if you plug in the headphones and leave the level up to the speakers, do you hear anything in the phones?

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on May 27, 2006 at 5:06:16 pm

No, but audio is coming out the speakers. I've tried every combination of connections and pushed all the buttons and still nothing. No hissing, no humming absolutely nothing. Could there be a blown fuse or defective part? It doesn't seem like it should be fairly straight forward.

Return to posts index

Peter Perry
on May 27, 2006 at 5:14:44 pm

Well, it looks like you're not an idiot. I think you have something wrong in your headphone/control room circuit.
Peter

Return to posts index

Frank Nolan
on May 27, 2006 at 11:45:18 pm

Scott,
Try pluging the speakers into the "control room outs" then plug the phones into the "phones jack". The main outs will be empty. Now try and have the mains volume up and the control/phones volume up and see if the headphones are getting sound.

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on May 28, 2006 at 12:34:01 am

Frank, done and phones volume now controls. Dont know what I did but I am now getting sound out the phones. But I am also getting it out the speakers at the same time.

Return to posts index

Frank Nolan
on May 28, 2006 at 8:27:17 pm

On most mixers when you have the speakers being fed from the control room outputs and you plug a set of headphones into the headphone out jack, it automatically mutes the control room output to the speakers. You may have to call tech support at behringer and ask them if this mixer is supposed to do that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]