FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing distortion

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Mills
Removing distortion
on May 16, 2006 at 12:11:17 am

I'm trying to clean up some high-monitor level distortion in post. In a multi-camera theatrical shoot the board feed came to the camera too hot, though our levels and monitoring seemed fine. The entire show has great sound except the high-notes or those with the extra volume for the performers to hit there notes. Any recommendations on trying to pull some of this out? I've tried a PT Compressor which cleaned up some background hiss and pulled out some of the distortion on the high-end but not enough. Any suggestions or solutions are welcome. Thanks in advance!!

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Removing distortion
on May 17, 2006 at 1:35:31 pm

Some audio applications (such as Sonic No Noise) have a manual de-clicking function which removes clicks and replaces them with audio synthesized from each side of the click. In some cases this can be used to "fix" distorsion. However, it's an extremely time-intensive manual process. I don't know if Soundtrack Pro can do this or not, but you might try playing with it's click removal section.

Return to posts index

Seth Bloombaum
Re: Removing distortion
on May 21, 2006 at 5:33:16 am

Sound Forge from Sony Media Software has clipped peak detection and restoration tools. I've not used them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]