FORUMS: list search recent posts

Behringer mixers, powered monitors....or?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diggy_D
Behringer mixers, powered monitors....or?
on Apr 21, 2006 at 7:20:17 pm

So I'm working on getting this expensive video edit bay setup going. I've got just about everything I need for the video part...now I've been told I should worry about "audio"? (insert sarcasm here) I thought I was a VIDEO editor?

All kidding aside, I'm using and AJA IO that has a variety of output options that I will be feeding a mixer/powered monitor setup. As with every other person out there, I'm broke, and I'm thinking of buying a cheap mixer just to get me through the early stages...I've found quite a bit of OK feedback around Behringer products, but nothing recently about the new(er) product lines.

I've also noticed they have the powered "multi-media" monitors (I hesitate to use monitors though) that aready have the optical input...maybe I could bypass the mixer all together? Maybe save my nickels for a Mackie?

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone had any opinions of the "lower end" on mixers and monitors!

Thanks,
D

Return to posts index

Will Salley
Re: Behringer mixers, powered monitors....or?
on Apr 24, 2006 at 2:04:19 am

Buy a Yamaha "MG" series mixer. Superior to the Behringers and Mackies in every way and only slightly more expensive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]