FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shure FP33? or other

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MonkeyToes
Shure FP33? or other
on Feb 7, 2006 at 5:22:20 pm

I use PD-150's (probably the worst for audio)to shoot some of my gigs. For the important ones, I rent other cameras and or hire shooters and audio guys, however, I want to control the means of production so that I am more versitile. I have a sennheiser me66.
Here's my question: What is the best product to purchase for around $1000-$2000 for in field use? Ex: production segments for reality shows, sports shows, variety shows and outside commercials. I want to have as much control as possible. Sometimes it sounds to hollow, tinny or too much base etc. What is the best portable field tool to use?
Actually, a second question... what about inhouse use. I use FCP-G5. What do I need to get good clean audio for VO's?
Best regards
Brandon

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Shure FP33? or other
on Feb 8, 2006 at 4:21:50 am

An ME 66 will work fairly well if used correctly. Don't expect any mic to sound good if it's camera mounted.

To find out more, go to my website. Click on the OnLine Archive at the top of column 2. Open the Video Folder and download the 30 MB mic tutorial mp4 video. You'll learn a lot about mics and uses for free.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Ty Ford's "Audio Bootcamp Field Guide" was written for video people who want better audio. Find out more at http://www.tyford.com

Return to posts index

MonkeyToes
Re: Shure FP33? or other
on Feb 9, 2006 at 9:12:05 pm

Thank you very much. I'll do so now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]