FORUMS: list search recent posts

CD-DAO with Pioneer DVR-117D?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Sebeck
CD-DAO with Pioneer DVR-117D?
on Jan 23, 2006 at 10:46:51 pm

I am trying to burn a disc for commercial release. I have built the disc in both Toast 6.0 (with CD-text enabled and burn settings set to CD-DAO) and iTunes. I have burned discs both ways, and yet when I take it to another computer for QA I loose all of the track information.

The only thing I noticed, is that in my sequence settings, the Pioneer DVR-117D says it can burn in the following strategies - CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO - CD-DOA is not listed! Does this mean I can not burn a CD with text information from my G5s.

What am I missing? Do I need a special burner? And what about Gracenote? Is this something I am going to need if this is a commercial release?

Thanks for your time.

-Rick

Return to posts index

Seth Bloombaum
Re: CD-DAO with Pioneer DVR-117D?
on Jan 24, 2006 at 5:14:42 pm

If you haven't upgraded to the latest available drivers from Pioneer, you should.

Sorry I don't have a direct answer - you may need to contact Pioneer on this one, but I'd have thought this to be more of a software function than hardware. DAO is so readily available on the least exensive burner...

Return to posts index

Rick Sebeck
Re: CD-DAO with Pioneer DVR-117D?
on Jan 24, 2006 at 6:26:07 pm

I figured it out. CD-Text is only readable by CD players, not computer. For a computer (iTunes, wmp) to "read" track information, you must upload the content to the Gracenote database. This can be done right through iTunes. Pretty cool.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]