FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireless Lavalier Microphone buying advice:

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Pierre
Wireless Lavalier Microphone buying advice:
on Jan 12, 2006 at 3:15:48 am

I'm looking to buy the "best" wireless reciever, transmitter and lav mic that $750 dollars can get? I'm on BH Photo but there are so many... I usually rent from Location Sound in Los Angeles. Most of the time it's a Lectrosonics 300 or 400 series (I can't afford those).

I see that Audio-Technica, Shure, Azden and a couple others offer them for that price... but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

I just want it to sound good and work well... I'll never be far from the talent (perhaps 40' at the most.

Any advice would be great!!

Return to posts index

Seth Bloombaum
Re: Wireless Lavalier Microphone buying advice:
on Jan 12, 2006 at 4:07:02 pm

ummm... is there a question that has been asked more often than this one? Do a search of the forum archives.

Of course there are several answers - what is your budget?

Return to posts index

Michael Pierre
on Jan 13, 2006 at 7:11:05 pm

Less than $700. I usually rent from Location Sound... Lectrosonics. However this job is like a month long and the rental would be a LOT... so I thought it would be a great opportunity to buy something that I can get some use out of in the future.
I made a decision to go with the Audio Technica ATW-U101X

PRICE IS: $499.00 plus an additional $80 for the lav mic (AT831CT5 lav mic)

Return to posts index

David Jones
on Jan 14, 2006 at 2:38:35 pm

The Sennheiser Evolution 100 G2 Series stuff gives a good bang for the buck.

Return to posts index

Michael Pierre
on Jan 14, 2006 at 5:03:31 pm

Scratch that- I ended up getting a used Lectrosonics UCR100 series from location sound for $600... it's in great condtion/perfect working order. This unison with a nice lav mic should work great. I certainly trust Lectrosonics too.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jan 19, 2006 at 1:25:18 am

I have two of these. They aren't Lectrosonics, and I can hear the difference, but they do OK.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Ty Ford's "Audio Bootcamp Field Guide" was written for video people who want better audio. Find out more at http://www.tyford.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]