FORUMS: list search recent posts

Music Video sync playback-thanks

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Meese
Music Video sync playback-thanks
on Dec 18, 2005 at 12:52:24 am

All good advice, especially adding pop for cueing the song start--thanks! 13 minutes surprises me; I've experienced some drift over the duration of a song between a CD played back in the field versus in the studio.

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: Music Video sync playback-thanks
on Dec 18, 2005 at 6:47:13 am

[William Meese] "I've experienced some drift over the duration of a song between a CD played back in the field versus in the studio."

I've done this MANY times with the cheapest, up to the finest, gear.

While analog is "guaranteed" to drift,
properly operating digital playback and record is locked to a PPL quartz "clock" in even "toy" gear... there should be zero drift in even an hour's time. (I just said 13 minutes in the previous example because that was the longest single cut in that program.)

This does NOT take into account using weak batteries, or utilizing so much "wild camera swings" that it causes "gyro" problems with the heads (loses sync), or a "sticky" (or skipping) CD.

As to the "boom-box" not being loud enough... if this is a rock band, just plug the CD player into one of the guitar amps' line inputs and "blast-away".

BTW, you don't need to start a NEW THREAD to respond to comments in a previous one... just add another post to the first thread. That way we will all be able to keep up with the whole conversation.

Return to posts index

William Meese
Re: Music Video sync playback-thanks
on Dec 19, 2005 at 11:18:08 pm

Thanks for the BTW, Matte; this is my first-ever posting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]