FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser vs. Sony vs. AT wireless lav systems

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robbie Leppzer
Sennheiser vs. Sony vs. AT wireless lav systems
on Dec 15, 2005 at 3:39:01 am

Hi:

I have a limited budget to buy two wireless lav systems for an upcoming documentary shoot in Africa in two weeks. I'm limited to about $500 for each system.

What are the advantages and disadvantages (and what are your recommendations) between the Sennheiser Evolution G2 100 series (EK100G2 receiver, sk100g2 transmitter, ME 2 microphone, a non-diversity system), the Sony UWP-C1 diversity system, and the Audio-Technica ATW diversity system with ATW-R100x receiver, ATW-T101x transmitter and MT830cT5 mic.

All these systems sell for about $500 each at B & H. Which gives overall better sound quality as a wireless signal and which microphone is best?

For instance, I've already heard good things about the Sennheiser, but it's a non-diversity system. Is the better electronics a worth-while trade-off for lack of diversity?

What have people heard about the Sony system? What type of microphone do they supply (it's not listed in the description) and how does it compare with the Sennheiser and AT?

I'm using this for primarily interview situations.

I will greatly appreciate your quick responses, since I have to order it in the next day or two. Many thanks!

Best,

Robbie Leppzer
Independent documentary producer.

Return to posts index

Blearyeyes
Re: Sennheiser vs. Sony vs. AT wireless lav systems
on Dec 20, 2005 at 6:36:48 am

I believe that the Sennheiser is a really great piece of gear.
I have purchased 2 of the G2 100 series for approx $500.00 each and they are worth a lot more than that.

I would recommend them all day long.

Daniel R. Shattuck
http://www.ipeace.tv

Return to posts index

Michael Pierre
on Jan 12, 2006 at 5:59:05 pm

Wondering what you ended up going with? I'm in the exact same situation .
I've got my eye on the Audio Technica

Return to posts index

Blearyeyes
on Jan 12, 2006 at 6:26:15 pm

The Sennheiser is seriously the best IMHO and when I went through this I got unanimous advise to get the sennheiser. I have had great performance and could not be happier. I got the system with a LAV and a mic plug transmitter. You can use the mic plug transmitter for hand held mics, mixing console outputs as well as in the end of a boom pole to make it a wireless boom pole. The reciever runs on 2 aa batteries and fits in the hot shoe of your camera. I haven't had to change the batteries yet and have been using it on my main camera a lot. Battery life in the transmitter and receiver is excellent and the construction, frequency selection, layout of controls, size, etc. are excellent. These things were really engineered well and are a great piece of gear. I would have paid $1000.00 for these and still would have been happy.

Sorry for blathering on about these but I am truly impressed.

Daniel R. Shattuck
http://www.ipeace.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]