FORUMS: list search recent posts

waterproof wireless options?? plus hand held hosting mic recommendations??

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wes Greene
waterproof wireless options?? plus hand held hosting mic recommendations??
on Dec 14, 2005 at 11:34:41 pm

Just wondering if any one has advice for me. I shoot low budget Tv shows. Usually just myself shooting and monitoring audio, as well as directing! Pull in a soundo when the budgets allow, but often this isn't the case and I have to do everything myself.

I currently have a old Sennheiser ew100 kit with receiver, transmitter and lavalier mic. This has been great - reliable and a consistent performer.

I now want to add to my audio tools and want the following
1. a handheld mic for direct to camera hostings i.e. a mic that a TV host can use to speak to camera as well as wander around and grab people on the street for interviews (I thought wireless would be a good option so we avoid tripping over ourselves)
and
2. a second wireless lav mic kit to allow me to have two people wired at the same time - I would like as much waterproof ability with this unit - we are looking at shooting some sailing and other water sports so this waterproofing ability is important - it would allow me to shoot the host getting wet whilst I'm staying dry

So let me know if you think this could be good solutions, and if you can make any other recommendations
A. purchase a Sennheiser hanheld wireless kit such as this
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&...

then
B. purchase a waterproof wireless transmitter from Lectrosonic such as this
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&...

This would solve 1.
And by purchasing A. I would have a receiver to use with B. - am I right in assuming any UHF transmitter will work with any UHF receiver???
Having both A and B would mean I can have two poeple wired up, or have one person wired up and the handheld in action as well (good for hostings to have both)

Hope all this makes sense. If you have any advice it will be greatly appreciated.
It's an big investment for me so any cheaper but still quality alternatives would be great.

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Wes Greene
Re: waterproof wireless options?? plus hand held hosting mic recommendations??
on Dec 20, 2005 at 3:43:59 am

anyone with thoughts on this logic???!?!?

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]