FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best source for wireless mics

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph wilkins
Best source for wireless mics
on Dec 7, 2005 at 3:54:28 pm

I have been doing alot of video interviews lately using an on-board mic and am picking up alot of hum and background noise. Is the best way to get rid of this to use a tie - mic?

Where can I buy these and how much are they?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Rob Forsythe
Re: Best source for wireless mics
on Dec 7, 2005 at 5:44:57 pm

[joseph wilkins] "I have been doing alot of video interviews lately using an on-board mic and am picking up alot of hum and background noise."

The onboard mic on a camcorder is not good for (and should not be trusted, except in emergency situations, for) more than just "natural" or "incidental background" sound during a shoot.

Interviews and other high-quality audio recordings are made using external mics of all kinds.

A "lav" clipped to the talent is a great choice when you are shooting by yourself.

Do a SEARCH POSTS on this board for MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY discussions on microphones.

There is so much info stored on the COW that can be accessed 24/7 in SECONDS using "Search Posts".

Here's how I do it:

Click on the "Search Posts" at the left of the screen here on the COW.

Under the "Advanced Search" section:

1. Type in the name of the term(s) you want to search.

2. You can leave the "forums to search" alone (it will automatically "stay" with the forum you are currently in).

3. OR > You can choose to add other forums to the search (be sure to click on the one you are currently in if you do this)

4. How far back... Choose "All Active Posts"

5. Search the Archives? "Yes"

Click: "Advanced Search" button and read the "wisdom of the COW".

Return to posts index

r lague
Re: Best source for wireless mics
on Dec 8, 2005 at 5:24:56 pm

wired lavs work very well. ALWAYS try to use a wired lave first. the best wiresless can't match a decent wired lav.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]